Table of Contents
1. Fluorite has the characteristics of lowering the melting point of refractory materials, promoting the flow of slag, good separation of slag and metal, desulfurization and dephosphorization during smelting, and improving metal ductility and tensile strength.
Therefore, it is widely used as a flux in iron and steel smelting, ferroalloy production, ironmaking process and non-ferrous metal smelting.
2. Transparent and colorless fluorite can be used to make special optical lenses.
3. Fluorite is also used in the manufacture of milky white glass, enamel products, catalysts for the production of high-octane fuel oil, etc.
4. Fluorite is also widely used in glass, ceramics, cement and other building materials industries.
5. Fluorite often presents bright colors, so it is often made into various decorations.
6. The most important use of fluorite is to produce hydrofluoric acid. Half of the world’s fluorspar production is used to produce hydrofluoric acid.
Hydrofluoric acid is an important raw material for the production of various organic and inorganic fluorides and fluorine elements.
Hydrofluoric acid is used in the aluminum industry to produce aluminum fluoride, artificial cryolite, sodium fluoride and magnesium fluoride.
7. Whether in aviation or in the aerospace industry, hydrofluoric acid is mainly used to produce jet liquid propellants and missile jet fuel propellants.
In the atomic energy industry, hydrofluoric acid is mainly used to manufacture uranium tetrafluoride, and then produce UF6 by fluorination, and separate 235U by gas diffusion or gas centrifugation.
8. Hydrofluoric acid is the basic raw material of organic fluorine chemical industry.
It interacts with chloroform and carbon tetrachloride to generate fluorinated chlorinated hydrocarbons and fluorocarbons with low toxicity and high chemical stability, which are used as refrigerants and aerosols to accelerate agents, solvent polymer intermediates, fluorocarbon resins and elastomers.
9. In medicine, fluorine-containing organic compounds can also be used to manufacture fluorine-containing anticancer drugs, fluorocortisone-containing, artificial blood containing fluorocarbons, artificial hearts and bones.
10. Fluorite is the most common processing material. The fluorite powder processed by the fluorite powder mill is used in chemical industry, rubber, ceramics, construction, building materials and other fields.
Ultra-fine fluorite powder processed by high-efficiency micro-powder machining is widely used in high-tech industries such as military cables, optical fiber transmission, and high-precision smelting.
Fluorite has a relatively low refractive index and zero radioactivity, so the color of fluorite is very rich, except for red and black, almost any color can be seen. Fluorite is also known as soft crystal, colored gemstone, rainbow gemstone, etc. Because it is crystal clear, but less hard than crystal.
Fluorite, also known as fluorspar, is the main source of fluorine in industry and one of the 20 important non-metallic mineral raw materials in the world. It is widely used in metallurgy, aluminum smelting, glass, ceramics, cement, chemical industry.
Pure, colorless and transparent fluorite can be used as optical materials, beautiful color fluorite can also be used as gem stone and arts and crafts carving raw materials. Fluorite is the basic raw material of fluorine chemical industry, its products are widely used in aerospace, aviation, refrigeration, medicine, pesticides, anti-corrosion, fire fighting, electronics, electric power, machinery and atomic energy and other fields.
With the continuous development of science and technology and national economy, fluorite has become an important mineral raw material in modern industry, and many developed countries reserve it as an important strategic material.
We can provide you with a variety of crushing, grinding fluorite equipment, if you have needs can contact us.